This webinar took place on December 3 at 4 PM CEST
Global market volatility has increased between two to six times in past months, according to proxies such as the CBOE Volatility Index. Meanwhile, the volume of venture financing deals has decreased in Europe by 15% on average in the past six months, as reported by Crunchbase, making it -in some cases- more challenging for European science-based companies to seduce investors.
Discover how to:
- Choose the right type of investor at the right time;
- Strength your investment readiness;/span>
- Negotiate the challenging clauses of your investment term-sheet
Attendees will also receive access to a IESE recent study on best practices for deep tech entrepreneurs.
About the speakers:
1) Andrei Zuzin is Head of Corporate Venture Capital and Digitalization at EFKO Management company. Former Director for the Skolkovo project at Cisco System, Zuzin has more than 10 years’ experience in venture capital. In 2004, received his MBA from Fuqua Business School at Duke University (USA).
2) Almudena Trigo Lorenzo is Founding Partner and Chairwoman at BeAble Capital, a private fund specialized in high industrial technology and tech transfer investments. Before BeAble capital, she collaborated as a researcher for the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) and the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). Almudena holds a Ph.D. degree in Molecular Biology from the Autonomous University of Madrid.
3) Isaac de la Peña is General Partner for Conexo Ventures, expert in Technology and responsible for operations in Silicon Valley. He is CEO of Alternative Insights and former CTO at Agora EAFI. Isaac was educated at Harvard Business School and MIT, Sloan School of Management.
4) Carmen del Campo Elvira is Chief Innovation Officer at Mutua Madrileña. She starts her carrier in consultancy at Deloitte and has a long experience as Head of Marketing Intelligence for cities at Ferovial. She was educated at IESE Business School and LSE.
5) Thomas Bigagli is a Senior Investment Associate at Plug and Play Tech Center, with a large experience in the European investment sector. Before joining the Plug and Play team, Thomas worked for Aston Martin and Bombinate. He was educated at Esade and Bocconi University.
6) Juan Felipe Gonzalez Hidalgo is an investor and the Chief Sales Officer at Aerial Technologies, a Canadian AI startup involved in the telecom industry. With over 30 years in strategic sales management in the telecom and high-tech industries, Juan Felipe is a Limited Partner at the Montreal-based startup foundry TandemLaunch, an angel investor in several B2B Artificial Intelligence startups, as well as a business mentor at NIU, Andorra Telecom’s startup incubator.
The webinar is moderated by Josemaria Siota, Executive Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Center at IESE Business School, and Corporate Venturing Expert at the World Economic Forum and the European Commission.